- Performance Power—be the one from whom they cannot look away.
- Effortless Improv—make your dance confident, intuitive, and fluid, so you can dance to anything, anytime, anywhere—including live music!
- Create Dance Art—easily make meaningful dances, reflecting your personal style.
- Musical Mindset—understand the structure of music to express it effortlessly.
- Visionary Veil—melting, effortless beauty. Way beyond tricks.
- Micro-Magic–explore the mystery of micromovement. How to use it, connect it to the music, and never worry about what step to do–ever again.
- Compassionate Critique–how do you tell the truth–and what do you say?
- Spontaneous Construction—complex, exciting easy-to-remember group dances–in about an hour.
- Belly Dance FUN–a fun class tailored to your special desires, suitable for every body!
- Arab Music Theory for Dancers
- Frame Drum & Rhythm Study
- What’s Pot Luck? Everyone says what they want, and I teach it.
- Don’t see what you want? Just ask.
An Arab-American and a Vermont Juried Artist, Alia draws from decades of immersion in technique, history, regional and folkloric styles, props, theatrical and fusion elements, costuming, music, choreography, improvisation, and performance.
Alia explores the traditional roots of her heritage as well as cross-cultural and Western influences, bridging the gap between East and West. Her inspirations range from the strictly traditional to the avant-garde. Enriching a profound feeling for the music with intensive study, she articulates this swirl of influences while retaining an authentic Eastern sensibility. Alia empowers students, bringing out their beauty, confidence, and unique personal expression.
Alia specializes in solo and group improvisation and choreography, using collaborative strategies and flexible teams, with narrative, symbolic, and movement-based structures, grounded in the principles of traditional Oriental music and dance.
Working with choreography and improvisation, Alia develops students’ understanding of dance structure and musical interpretation. Students respond to her warmth, humor, and energy as well as her focus on technical excellence and evocative joy.
Availability & Rates
Suitable for all audiences; Available all year
Solo performances: $250 and up
Duet shows: $500 and up
Company shows: $1,500 and up
School programs: $375 per day; Lec-
Workshops & classes: $200/hr ($165/hr for multiple hours).
Show with workshop: $165
Dance parties: $250 and up
“Bellygrams:” $250 and up
Private lessons: $60/hour plus time, travel, and studio space as needed.
Travel distance is unlimited – mileage, travel expenses, and accommodations additional, as needed
E-mail [email protected]
Or call Alia at (802) 488-