Don’t like writing? Wish you did?
Most teachers focus on spelling and grammar mistakes. Students get back papers full of red marks. It’s disheartening. Because of this legacy of shame, writing is difficult for many folks. Maybe for you, too?
Imagine the fun of writing what you want to say–without the misery!
Cutting-edge writing instruction focuses on content rather than form. That means we work with what you want to say, and saying it in a way your audience can best hear it. Most errors dissolve when people find their voice and speak from their hearts. Using simple tools and strategies, you can write articles that get your point across and engage your readers.
How to Write a Blog Post!
This 90-minute live Zoom class walks participants through the process of choosing a topic, sketching a plan, and developing that plan into a short (500+ words), well-organized article, suitable for a blog, newsletter, even a sales page–with ease.
- Blog posts are a great way to give information in your area of expertise, as well as sell upcoming classes and events–even both at once!
- Blog posts make great newsletter content, and can be reposted to social media accounts. Posting the blog article (rather than the emailed newsletter) drives traffic back to your own site.
This class will NOT make a you a great writer in 90 minutes.
This class WILL give you the tools you need to write short articles. And the more you do it, the better you will get.
- Use a simple system to create posts on any topic, any time
- Explore topic generation and choosing suitable topics
- Look at tools to use voice-to-text for those who prefer to speak
- Consider the options of video and audio blogs
- Learn strategies to resolve writing anxiety
Each participant will write their own unique article!
Live class, Saturday, October 16 from 2:00-3:30 pm edt. See this in your time zone (add to calendar button in link)
Can’t make it? All good. There will be a recording.
Bring a paper and pen or pencil that you like, as well as any refreshments you might want while writing. We will take a tiny break halfway through.
This will be a fun, productive class. Please do join us!
Discover the pleasure of writing what you want to say–without the misery!
Live class, Saturday, October 16 from 2:00-3:30 pm edt. See this in your time zone (add to calendar button in link). YES, there will be a recording.
|Pay with PayPal|
This presentation is designed for creativity coaches. It will be useful to anyone who wants to communicate well with their audience; especially so for folks in creative or coaching endeavors.
Alia Thabit has taught writing at the college level for over 25 years.
“We do well for you because you care about us.”College writing students’ comments
“Even after I gave up going to all my other classes, I still came to this one.”
“You are the only writing teacher who ever said anything nice about my writing.”