The world has been pretty intense lately. It’s harder and harder to keep your happy when all you hear are news reports of misery and mayhem.
What if you could go somewhere wonderful?
Wouldn’t it be lovely to have a midwinter getaway? A safe space to enjoy time with friends makes every day special. Great food, nice rooms, a cheerful fire in the hearth?
What if we add dance to the mix?
Now we’re talking, right? Good friends, good food, good times, belly dance–even a party!
Can you do that? It’s hard to go someplace or pay for a hotel. Finding a group of fun folks to hang out with isn’t easy, either, and you can’t just hang out, and you can’t buy all that expensive food, and, and, and…
YES, YOU CAN!
Alia & Amity’s Awesome
Winter Weekend Retreat!
An all-inclusive 2-day getaway! We love to have fun, and we love to dance. Come dance and have fun with us!
Sat to Sun, Feb 10-11, 2018
We’re done for this year, but folks LOVED this weekend, so we will be doing it again. If you’d like to know when, please get onto the Waiting List. Thanks!
Where: Dowd’s Country Inn, Lyme NH.
How: Bus, Train, Car or Plane, just get here.
Why: BECAUSE WE LOVE YOU!
What? Just scroll down!
Your home away from home…
Yep, just walk away from all those problems!
What you get:
- Dance and Discussions
- Saturday Party!
- Lunch and Dinner on Sat, Breakfast and Lunch on Sun
- Excellent food!
- Room Saturday night
- Optional Meet and Greet Friday night
- Friends, Fun, and Freedom
- Zero Stress. Zero.
Let’s just let that soak in for a while…
So! What about those dance classes? Right here, my dear. Check it out!
- 9:30-10:30 A.M. Warmup class with Alia: Life and Breath–exploring spaciousness, sensation, and and physicality
- 10:30-11:00 A.M. Tea and Scones!
- 11:00-1:00 P.M. Option 1, Alia. How to Develop an Eastern Soul (and why it will change your dance–and your life). This class is part discussion, part dance. We’ll look at the Eastern aesthetic and troubleshoot our relationship to its principles of feeling, variation, and joy.
- 11:00-1:00 P.M Option 2, Amity. Using Dance Dynamics to Love your Style. The Dance Dynamic methodology has been used at Raq-On Dance studio and in Amity’s own practice for years. The invaluable techniques learned in this workshop can be used for improvisation, personal dance drills, and creating choreography. You’ll no longer need to memorize combinations you learned in workshops or from other dancers; you’ll have your own unique movement vocabulary that you can pull from memory at the flick of a zill!
- 1:00-2:00 P.M Group Lunch
- 2:30-4:30 P.M. Option 1, Amity. History of Belly Dance Part 1 Orientalism, Feminism, and American Influence. Amity will share her personal research on the dancers of the past, their history, and how their contributions shaped the dance we know today.
- 2:30-4:30 P.M. Option 2, Alia. Timing–the Improv Secret Skill. Improv is scary because how do you think of what to do? What if it’s boring? How can we enjoy dancing when we have to think all the time? Focusing on the music rather than the moves changes the game, opening up the dance like a flower.
- 6:30: Evening: PARTY! Dinner and a Hafla. Join us for a yummy meal, music, and open dancing! Cash bar available.
- 8-9:30 A.M. Group Breakfast
- 9:30-10:30 A.M. Warm up class with Amity: Technique and stretches
- 10:30-11:00 A.M. Tea and Scones!
- 11:00-1:00 P.M. Option 1, Alia. Effortless Improv. Practical strategies so you can dance with confidence and joy, to new music–or old. Revitalize your dance, even to classic tunes.
- 11:00-1:00 P.M. Option 2, Amity. History of Belly Dance Part 2. Egypt, Turkey, and Lebanon. More history of dancers, political and social influences, and how history shaped each style of dance. You do not need the first discussion to come to the second.
- 1:00-2:00 P.M Delicious Group Lunch!
- 2:00-4:30 P.M. Amity and Alia’s Big Surprise. Trust us, you don’t want to leave early.
We’re also building in time to relax and hang out with friends. We want this retreat to be as easy and fun as possible.
Wait, how much does it cost?
The whole thing, all the classes, the party, the food, and the room, is $275 per person. Rooms are double occupancy (room with a friend!). Single rooms are available for a small upgrade. Optional Friday night rooms are also available. Day rates for commuters! Yes, even payment plans! Just email Amity: [email protected]
Convinced? Grab it now!
Well, we’re done for this year, but folks LOVED this weekend, so we will be doing it again. If you’d like to know when, please get onto the Waiting List. Thanks!
Remember, this event is all-inclusive. That means your room and meals are included. Relax, refresh, and reignite your love of dance. We can’t wait to see you!
Alia & Amity